In order to obtain your Mortgage Loan Originator license, you must complete a 18-hour NMLS approved MLO SAFE course and a 2-hour state specific law course. Bert Rodgers offers both of these courses in one convenient 20-hour pre-license package providing everything that you need to qualify for the MLO license.
Mortgage Loan Originator Pre-license Course
Things to know about the online course format:
- The course is designed to be user friendly and easy to use even for first-time online students.
- Each course has a specific start and end date with required activities, including exams that must be completed in order to receive credit.
- This online course is instructor-led where students have interaction with the instructor via email and a discussion thread built into the course.
- Each course is broken up into a series of modules that must be completed and help guide you through the course.
- The two options include a 7-day or a 14-day session format.
- You must complete the course within your session.
- New modules are made available each day, but that does not mean that you have to complete modules daily. It simply means that you cannot work ahead and go through the course to quickly.
- For more details about this course contact our helpful Student Services Representatives at 800-432-0320.
Bert Rodgers is known for helping students complete their license requirements and start successful careers. Below are the license requirements to become a Mortgage Loan Originator:
- Apply to the NMLS and obtain a Unique ID number
- Successfully complete the NMLS pre-license course
- Apply for your license and pay the applicable fee to the NMLS
- Pass the NMLS national exam
Contact our helpful student services staff at 800-432-0320 if you have any questions about obtaining your MLO license. We are happy to assist.